Finding “the one” is never as easy as fairy tales would have us believe. For most of us, there isn’t a prince waiting to fit the glass slipper on our foot. In fact, girls and women between the ages of 16 and 24 are three times more likely than the rest of the population to be abused by their significant other. So, how can we know we have found the one? How do we push through the emotions associated with past relationships to find hope that the right partner is out there?
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself about your significant other.
- Does your partner accept you as you are?
- Does your partner trust you?
- Does your partner seek your input about life and the decisions that need to be made?
- Do you feel safe?
- Do you feel that your partner respects you?
- Are you able to maintain relationships with those close to you, such as friends and family?
- Do you feel your partner is encouraging and supportive?
- Does your partner listen to you?
- Does your partner always use respectful language, even when upset?
- Does your partner respect your boundaries?
If you answered no to any of the questions above, you may need to think about the relationship you are in. We know that relationships can often be confusing, especially in the beginning and when you are young. But love is always patient, kind, trustful – even in anger, even in frustration. Love is sacrificial, willing to give for the good of the one we love.
What kind of a relationship are you in? What kind of relationships have you been in? That is one of the many things our Steps to Sexual Integrity class can help women discover. At Options for Women, we care about your whole person – and want you to discover the incredible gift that you are.
No matter what kind of relationships you may have had in the past, you deserve to heal from any hurt they may have caused, and you deserve to know the kind of love you are worth. Participating in Steps to Sexual Integrity will allow women to create a foundation from which healthy relationships can be built.
If you are interested in learning more about our Steps to Sexual Integrity program, call us today at 863-393-6988 or email us at email@example.com.