If you are considering abortion, protect yourself by knowing your legal rights.
- You have the right to ensure the doctor who may perform the abortion is a licensed physician, including whether there have ever been cases of malpractice.
- You have a right to know how the facility handles medical transfers should an issue arise.
- You have the right to a written description of the procedure, that includes any risks or side effects.
- You have the right to view ultrasound images of your unborn baby, or view images of one at the same gestational age.
- You have the right to change your mind before having the procedure.
- If you are under the age of 18, Florida has a parental consent law that requires a provider to inform your parents 48 hours before your abortion.
No one can force you into abortion for any reason. If you are pregnant, and feel that abortion is your only option or that you are being pressured into considering abortion, Options for Women can help. Call our office today at 863-393-6988.