Placing your child for adoption is a very loving and difficult decision. There are many things you must consider to make the best decision for you and your child. Here are some important questions you should ask yourself.
- Who can help me learn more about adoption?
- What are my rights?
- What about the father?
- Is there any cost to place my child for adoption?
- What financial assistance is available?
- What other support services are available?
- Do I want a more open or more closed adoption?
- When does my adoption decision become binding?
- What happens at the hospital?
- What decisions/choices are involved in making an adoption plan?
- What if I’m not sure, but I want to explore adoption as an option?
- What if I don’t want to place my child for adoption, but I need help?
Where can I find out more information about adoption?
American Adoption Congress http://www.americanadoptioncongress.org/
Child Welfare Information Gateway www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/birth/for/
Evan B. Donaldson Institute http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/index.php